Thursday 6 February 2014

Yeah, baby

A few days ago I was presented with a very exciting opportunity. Over the course of the year, five local writers will be visiting various cafes around Townsville to work on their individual writing projects.  At the end of the year, these projects will be edited and digitally published. During the course of the year, their movements and how they’re travelling with their projects will be advertised via social media, posters and fliers so that people with similar interests and other aspiring writers will be able to visit the cafes and have a chat with the writers participating in the program.

I’ll be one of those writers.

I’m so excited I literally cannot contain myself. Holy Lord Jesus, I just can’t even… there’s just not enough words to explain to you how ridiculously excited I am. I’m over the moon, I’m floating on cloud 9, I’m in a distant galaxy fighting strange beasts, it’s now possible to eat as much ice-cream as you want without ever getting fat and money actually grows on trees! When you think about how amazing that would be, that’s almost how excited I am.

This is an opportunity to get my name and my work out there. I’m so lucky. It won’t all be a piece of cake though. It’s going to be a huge test of motivation and drive, I’m really going to have to stick with it, prioritise and manage my time. Here’s hoping that I can do it!

The project kicks off in March and will end in September.


Bring it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment